Monday, July 20, 2009

Once a fan...



I must be a most loyal fan of the Harry Potter series that no matter what weaknesses others see in the 6th movie, I just can't feel the same way. Instead, I feel quite nostalgic, to see the characters that a few years ago started out as cute littlies, become all grown now. Having read all the books, I do feel that the movie has done justice to book 6. Of course there are 'discluded' scenes- it was a long book anyway. But most of the important ones are in the movie. My emotions when watching the movie was exactly the same when I read the book two years ago. (one definitely remembers emotions). That could only mean that the actors have done well indeed, that they have managed to portray the emotions intended to be portrayed on screen.

Oh yes...watching Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna and the others was really good. It's like seeing your little brothers/sisters/cousins grow up before your eyes, to discover the journey of life with all its emotional upheavals, sweet joys and lessons. JK Rowling is a gem of a writer. I really look forward to the final movies...

0 comments:

 

Blogging Life...TataJane Copyright © 2010