Monday, July 27, 2009

Addiction?



I understand addiction now that I've gone through it myself. It's a state that's induced by innocent curiousity, in my case, on Scrabble@worldwide. I can only say I'm thankful that it happens in the weekend, or otherwise I can't imagine what would happen to my work.

I thought I'd give it a go when a friend of mine posted the link in FB. It looked harmless enough, and being one who has always enjoyed a scrabble game, I gladly responded. One game led to another, and another, and another. I didn't realize that I've sat for hours doing the game with other online players. Taking breaks only to feed the kids and to go to the bathroom, I went on playing until 3am on Sunday morning. Even then I still didn't feel quite sleepy. The brain must have been overactivated.

Back from the family's weekly outing, I quickly did the bakings and guess what? Yes, started on scrabble again. I kept promising myself "just this one game" and ended up playing 5 in about 3 hours. Thank God it's weekend...I can at least feel least guilty about not doing anything 'useful'. And now I have to get this out of my system. I AM ADDICTED...it's not fun to feel this way. And it's only a game...what with others who have worse kind of addictions...I say a little prayer for them, that they will get over whatever those addictions are.

I'm still struggling to 'dis-addict' myself. It's like I can't wait for weekend so that I can have the next rounds of game. Oh no...

0 comments:

 

Blogging Life...TataJane Copyright © 2010