Friday, March 30, 2012

Keepsake for my girl




My eldest girl turned 14 yesterday. I can't believe I've been a mom for 14 years now. This year, I give her a little keepsake. Something that she can keep and remember me by forever. I don't know whether it's age that does that to me, or experience, but suddenly I have this urge to start this tradition. As a friend said once, "there is no guarantee that we'd still be alive next week", so while I live, I'll do something the kids will appreciate later.

An aquamarine pendant, and a white-gold-coated silver necklace seems like a suitable gift for my girl. It is supposed to be good for health and self-confidence. I can only wish that the future will be good for her, and that she will have strength to walk through her life come what may, for I know that I can't never wish for an easy life for her. Happy birthday my girl.

2 comments:

Gunaqz on April 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM said...

Happy belated birthday to your daughter. What beautiful pendant. I'm sure she loves it.

Borneo rain on April 10, 2012 at 8:10 AM said...

Oh yes! It's a wonderful tradition :) I remember my mom doing this for me all the time... a little of love here and there; now and again... is a good thing :) If anything, it's a breather in between all those fights between mom and daugthers, lol!

 

Blogging Life...TataJane Copyright © 2010